The Columbia River Gorge offers a vast array of activities, events, and attractions. For your convenience, we have provided areas of interest so you can customize your vacation. We have highlighted and featured some of our favorites for your perusal. Review the various activities such as hiking, biking, water sports, winter sports, fishing, area attractions, wineries, and horseback riding. When a particular activity or two sparks your interest, our itinerary builder allows you to print your favorites, share it with your friends, or submit it to our activities director for further assistance.
For further convenience, view the illustration below.
If this is your first visit, kindly view one our suggested itineraries to fully enjoy Skamania and the Columbia River Gorge. For on-site recreation, golf, spa, and dining options, click here.
A Perfect Skamania Lodge Getaway
- Check in late afternoon.
- Enjoy the view and take a deep breath of our clean mountain air!
- Head out for an appetite building, head clearing, fresh air hike on our gorgeous nature trails or a long swim and soak at the Waterleaf Spa.
- Indulge in a lovely dinner in The Cascade Dining Room.
- After dinner, enjoy relaxing by one of our fires. Did you save room for S'mores?
- Perhaps after dinner is the time for your soak in the outdoor spa? Can you say Aaahhh....
Sightseeing and Fun!
- Breakfast at a Gorge view table in the Cascade Dining Room.
- Take a quick hike to Wahclella Falls, walk to the Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center Museum, bike ride into Stevenson or relax on the deck and enjoy the fun lawn games and great people watching.
- Time for golf or tennis today? Both are available for families or pros.
- Noon: time for sightseeing in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.
- Feeling adventurous? Consider a white water rafting trip with Zollers Outdoor Odysseys on the White Salmon River.
- Head towards Hood River to taste local fruits and wines and visit the shops and galleries. Have you heard of the Mount Hood Fruit Loop?
- Watch the windsurfers and kiteboarders at the Hood River Waterfront Park.
- Hood River Water Play rents kayaks and stand up paddle boards or head to Cascade Locks to take the Columbia Sternwheeler Excursion for a view of the Gorge from the River.
- Back to the lodge for dinner in River Rock.
- Is it game night in the Gorge Room? Stories around the fire pit? More time at the spa? Check with the concierge for many ideas and options.
Tour the Gorge
- Is today your day to go big river salmon fishing? Early morning trips are the BEST with Josh from Big Fish Guide Service.
- Begin the day with breakfast in The Cascade Dining Room. Is it Sunday? Today is the day for our famous Sunday Champagne Brunch. Or maybe it's the day for leisurely room service!
- Afternoons are perfect for additional sightseeing. Today, you could climb Beacon Rock or Wind Mountain. Or plan a guided tour of "Wildflowers and Wineries" with Martin's Gorge Tours, our area expert.
- Dining options tonight include the historic lodge at Multnomah Falls, pizza at Walking man brewery or other off sight local options.
- An evening stroll to the Stevenson waterfront? More adventures on the hiking trails? By now, you are in the Skamania groove!
- The fire awaits your return to the lodge.
- Breakfast, your last meal in The Cascade Dining Room.
- Perhaps your last soak in the pool, your last morning relaxing on the deck in the morning sun or in the Gorge Room in front of the fire.
- Plan a leisurely drive home along the Scenic Highway or past Mount St. Helens National Monument.
- Stop at the Forest Service or concierge in the lobby for weather updates and the best travel suggestions.
- Plan your next visit. You are now a preferred guest at Skamania Lodge.