Cast your line into any of the numerous lakes and rivers surrounding Skamania Lodge for ideal Columbia River Gorge fishing. There are countless sites for fishing along the Gorge section of the Columbia. Fish that can be caught include smallmouth and largemouth bass, panfish, walleye, and shad.
River trout, salmon, and steelhead will fight the rapids (and you) in the Wind River, Hood River, White Salmon, Deschutes, or Klickitat rivers. The Sandy is one of the top ten steelhead rivers in Oregon. Worms will attract the smallmouth bass in ponds along the Columbia River or you can bankfish for sturgeon near Bonneville Dam.
Sturgeons are commonly found above and below Bonneville Dam just minutes form Skamania Lodge. Year-round sturgeon fishing is available below Bonneville Dam but is subject to current licensing and catch limit regulations.
Fishing sites in the Washington section of the Gorge:
- Little White Salmon River - 5 miles west of Big Salmon, flows into Drano Lake - salmon and steelhead.
- Upper Little White Salmon - rainbow and brook trout.
- Wind River - 4 miles east of Stevenson - spring salmon, summer steelhead.
- Klickitat River - 8 miles east of White Salmon - summer steelhead, trout, spring and fall chinook.
- Spearfish Lake - East of the Dalles bridge - rainbow trout.
- Horsethief Lake - Adjacent to Horsethief State Park - rainbow, bass, and crappie.
- Northwestern Lake - Reservoir behind Condit Dam on Lower White Salmon - rainbow trout.
- Swith Creek Reservoir - 4,590-acre site approximately 50 miles north of Columbia River - rainbow and bull trout.
- Goose Lake - On the northern edge of Big Lava Bed - brook and brown trout.
Fishing sites in the Oregon section of the Gorge:
- Lost Lake - Between Columbia and Mt. Hood Wilderness, southwest of Hood River - brown, rainbow, and brook trout, kokanee.
- Laurance Lake - Southwest of Parkdale, near Cooper Spur - rainbow, bull, and cutthroat trout.
- Benson Lake - 1.5 miles west of Multnomah Falls - trout.
- Wahtum Lake - Approximately 15 miles south of Columbia River in Wilderness Area.
- Deschutes River - Excellent for Rainbow, brown trout, Steelhead, and spring chinook.
- Hood River - Good fishing for trout, steelhead, spring and fall chinook.
Fishing The Gorge
Professionally guided Columbia River salmon, steelhead and sturgeon fishing just 20min. from Skamania Lodge. As a first class guest of Fishing the Gorge, you will experience outstanding personalized service onboard our beautiful 24' Alumaweld Formula Vee. We create a fun and relaxed environment for all ages and skill levels.
Free complimentary shuttle from lodge.
Price: $150 8hr trip / $90 4hr trip
Always Catchin' Fishing Charters
Guided fishing trips in the Columbia River Gorge all year long, Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon fishing trips as they are in season. Cost is $100 for half day trips and $150 for a full 8 hour fishing trips. Advanced reservations required by calling 541.375.0717. Complimentaty shuttle from Skamania Lodge. www.AlwaysCatchin.com