Columbia River Gorge Blog
While the origins of this holiday are shrouded in mystery, we do know that February has long been celebrated as the month of romance. Test your knowledge of Valentine’s fun facts…
- Valentine’s Day is always observed on Feb. 14.
- The average annual spending for the Valentine’s Day holiday is $13 Billion.
- Approximately 151 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged industry-wide (not including packaged kids’ valentines for classroom exchanges), making Valentine’s Day the second-largest holiday for giving greeting cards.
- More than 40,000 Americans are employed at chocolate companies across more than 1230 locations.
- Valentine's Day the No. 1 holiday for florists. Of fresh flower purchases only, Valentine's Day ranks No. 1, capturing 36% of holiday transactions and 40% of holiday dollar volume. 196 million roses are produced for this holiday yearly.
- Gifts most often given on Valentine’s Day include: Candy (47.5%), Flowers (34.3%), Cards (52.1%), Jewelry (17.3%), Dining Out (34.6%), followed by clothing, gift cards and other gifts.
- In addition to the United States, Valentine’s Day is celebrated in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Denmark and Italy.
At Skamania, we celebrate the month of romance all February long with special offers for Valentine’s getaways, Waterleaf spa specials, romantic dining options and couples oriented special events. We invite you to browse our Valentine’s offers and hope you and your Valentine will enjoy the tradition of celebrating your love at Skamania Lodge. a Washington State resort.
This lodge is one of the friendliest places I know. Everyone seems to genuinely enjoy working there and doing whatever they can to assist the guests.
Jeanne, Salem Oregon