Welcome to the Weddings Blog
Weddings done the Skamania Way.
Skamania Lodge’s dedicated staff invite you, your family and your friends to celebrate the beginning of your married life journey on your special wedding day.
To speak to a representative about holding your celebration at Skamania Lodge, contact Talia Sanderson via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 509-427-2515, or fill out our Event Planning Form.
Bridal Veil post office is one of the smallest post offices in the US (only 2 others are smaller) at 100 square feet. Almost 125 years old, it stays open mainly due to its highly sought after postmark which attracts thousands of brides who bring their wedding invitations to Bridal Veil. In the height of wedding season the post office can be filled with thousands of wedding invitations waiting for this special postmark. Here’s a tip though, the post office needs revenue to stay open and merely postmarking an invitation doesn’t produce revenue. So call or stop in and purchase your stamps from them as well to help insure this wonderful little tradition can continue. Who wouldn’t love to get a wedding invitation postmarked from Bridal Veil, OR?
Champagne Wedding & Event Coordination 30 Days of Vendors
Trains (the gown kind, not the choo-choo variety)
Having worked in the wedding industry for over 12 years and at a variety of venues, I can tell you with absolute conviction that the gown you select needs to match the venue you have chosen. Getting married on the beach? A 12 foot train gloriously decorated with beadwork is probably not the best idea. Do you really want to be tightly corseted and covered in stays while traipsing like a wood nymph in a forest glen? A dress style that doesn’t fit the venue or is uncomfortable because of your surroundings is a bad idea.
Your Marriage License
123 Oregon Wedding Officiants recently sent these great tips on marriage licenses in OR/WA. It's great information so we decided to share. Take a look:
Did you recently get engaged and just can’t wait to say I do? Or maybe you’ve been engaged for awhile and it’s time to get movin’. Have your cake and eat it too before all your friends get hitched this summer.
True To Our Place, Diverse By Design | DestinationHotels.Com
- Phoenix - Royal Palms Resort and Spa
- Scottsdale - The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch
- Tempe - Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
- Indian Wells - Miramonte Resort & Spa
- Lake Tahoe - Resort at Squaw Creek
- Los Angeles - Terranea Resort
- San Diego - L'Auberge Del Mar
- San Diego - Paradise Point Resort & Spa
- San Diego - Town and Country Resort & Convention Center
- San Francisco - The Marker Hotel, Union Square
- San Jose - Hotel De Anza
- Aspen - The Gant
- Denver - The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center
- Snowmass Village - Destination Residences Snowmass
- Snowmass Village - The Stonebridge Inn
- Vail - Christiania Lodge
- Vail - Destination Resorts Vail
- Vail - Manor Vail Lodge
- Vail - Vail Cascade Condominiums