In the history of Skamania Lodge, we have never given away a prize package this fabulous. And as usual, entering will be very easy. But what is the contest this time? For all you newly engaged but not yet married couples, this one is for you!
We want to hear your stories. It is time for you to sharpen your pencils and put your writer’s caps on because we want to hear about that very special moment in your life when you got engaged. What’s on the line? How about a two-night stay at one of the most romantic resorts in the U.S.? Now that we have your attention, the full details of the contest are below.
To Enter: Couples who are in the process of planning their wedding need to submit their proposal story along with a photo that includes the soon-to-be bride and groom. The proposal story must be submitted digitally in written format and be no longer than 200 words. The proposal story should chronicle the way in which the couple became engaged. Proposal stories can be submitted in one of four categories:
- Romance – Is your proposal story extremely romantic?
- Humor – When you tell your proposal story to friends and family, do they laugh uncontrollably?
- Surprise – Does your proposal story include things like months of secret planning and collaboration with multiple parties?
- Over-the-top – Is your proposal story grandiose or include a gesture almost too big to imagine?
Each couple can enter in just one category, so choose wisely. The contest will end on May 4, 2012, and a total of four prizes will be awarded. For each category, a judging panel will select one entry to compete for the grand prize. To submit, email email@example.com.
- One grand prize: Skamania is giving away two nights at the luxurious Royal Palms Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona, voted as the Most Romantic Hotel by Travel & Leisure. Winners will receive a two-night stay in an extravagant Montavista Terrace Room. Prize valued at more than $1,000. Make this your honey moon or simply a wondrous vacation as a newlywed couple.
- Three runners-up prizes: Not to fret, the three remaining proposal stories that competed for the grand prize will receive a one-night stay at Skamania Lodge along with dinner for two in the Cascade Dining Room.
Planning a wedding is a stressful and daunting task, but it is also exciting and magical. We look forward to seeing your amazing proposal stories! If you have questions, please leave them in the comments below. Thanks and good luck!
The fine print: To be eligible to win any prize, entrants must currently live in Washington, Oregon, California or Idaho. All entrants must be engaged and currently planning a wedding. Couples who are already married are ineligible. All Destination Hotels & Resorts employees (and employees’ family members) are ineligible. Grand prize and runners-up prizes must be booked between May 1, 2012, to December 31, 2012. By entering the contest you authorize Skamania to use your story and photo in promotional materials. Travel expenses, such as airfare, are not included.