Tip of the Week: The To-Do List
Going to the Lodge and we're gonna get married! Your wedding day is quickly approaching and you are going to want to be a prepared. If you are stressed out about details on the day of, it will be hard for you to enjoy the moment, which is the most important part of the whole occasion. Here are a couple tips for you to keep in mind for the week of your wedding to ensure you are in top notch shape for the dun, dun da dun.
- Reconfirm arrival times with vendors and distribute a timeline to them
- Delegate small wedding-day tasks: someone to bustle the dress (make sure they know how), someone to carry your things (and that emergency tote), someone to be in charge of gifts, someone to hand out payments and tips and someone to be the point person for questions. These “someones” should not be in the bridal party, because they are already going to be very busy with photos and tending to you.
- Send a timeline to the bridal party (and your someones from above). Include every member’s contact information, along with two or three point people for vendors to call if there are issues.
- Make arrangements for the dress to be delivered or pick it up.
- Supply your photographer with a list of moments that you want captured.
- Book a spa treatment (like a relaxation massage at our Waterleaf Spa), if only to preserve your sanity, and a manicure and pedicure appointment for the day before the appointment. Keep those phalanges looking fresh!
- Send the final guest count to the venue.
- Break in your shoes at the rehearsal. This is a day that you dont’ want the love blisters from those darling shoes. Love hurts, but it shouldn’t from your shoes!
- Assemble and distribute the welcome bags and coordinate this with the hotel.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
Enjoy this week with family and friends that have traveled to be with you. Bask in the glory of all the activities and remember to live in the moment. Cheers to you and your love from Skamania Lodge Wedding Planning Gals!