Stay Safe at Skamania
MASK UP & PHYSICAL DISTANCE
Per Washington public health order, facial coverings are required when in public spaces, both indoors and outdoors unless actively eating or drinking. Skamania strongly encourages physical distancing in all public spaces.
Skamania County is in Phase 3 of the Washington State Road Map to Recovery plan. This means our restaurants are open for indoor dining at 50% capacity. To-go and room service dining is also available daily. The pool and hot tubs are open at 50% capacity with enhanced safety guidelines.
Please continue below for the most up to date information on outlet openings, hours of operation, available activities, and more. Ahead of traveling, please contact us directly with questions at 844-432-4748.
Our Commitment to You
Your health and wellbeing is at the center of everything we do. This past year has been nothing we have ever experienced before, and it makes us that much more thankful for our remote location and 175 acres of wide-open spaces, breathtaking nature, and abundance of outdoor adventures. Moreover, it is with our deepest gratitude that we thank our team for their commitment to safety and sanitation, as well as our guests for their loyalty, patience, and support.
We are confident that our long-term operational strategies which include elevated health, safety, and sanitation procedures, will allow our guests to enjoy Skamania Lodge with peace of mind during every moment of their stay.
The "New Normal"
Skamania is a Proud Endorser of the AHLA's Safe Stay Initiative
Safe Stay is the AHLA's (American Hotel & Loding Association) initiative focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations presented by Covid-19. It represents the industry’s ongoing commitment to the health and safety of guests and employees and was created in accordance with CDC guidelines with input from a variety of public health experts, scientists and medical leaders. At Skamania, we understand that the standards safety and sanitation won’t go back to the way they once were - they will go forward. As we adapt to this “new normal” of life, you can expect a higher standard of hygiene and a heightened cleaning regimen according to Safe Stay standards and in accordance with the CDC, WHO and Washington State health and safety regulations.
Listed below are the elevated safety procedures we are practicing daily.
Employee Safety & Sanitation
- Employees who report to work are required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times while at work.
- Employees must wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is provided for employees to sanitize as well.
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed at key employee contact areas such as Employee Dining Room and Locker Room.
- Employees must cover their coughs and sneezes and wash their hands immediately after.
- All employees have completed training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols; department specific procedures and training will also be provided.
- Employees are required to stay home if feeling sick or if they have been directly exposed to an individual with a confirmed Covid-19 case.
- Employees must sanitize shared tools and equipment before, during, and after each shift or any time the equipment is transferred to a new team member. This includes phones, radios, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks and all other direct contact items used throughout the hotel.
Lodge Sanitation Procedures
- Hand sanitation stations are provided in all high-touch public areas such as the front lobby and Gorge Room.
- Skamania has enhanced cleaning and disinfectant procedures in all public spaces and high-touch areas with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to; front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas. Our team utilizes the peroxide based H2Orange solution for intense disinfecting.
- Skamania has implemented a dedicated high-touch team to service all high-touch guest-facing areas, ensuring disinfection frequency as follows: Building entrances: Every 30 minutes. Restrooms: Every 60 minutes. Elevator Cabs: Every 30 minutes. During periods of high volume, the frequency of cleaning will be enhanced even further.
- All furniture in the Gorge Room, Cascade Dining Room, River Rock Lounge and all public spaces is positioned 6 feet apart for physical distancing.
Arrival & Departure Experience
- In compliance with WA State regulations, guests are required to wear face masks in indoor and outdoor public spaces.
- Valet service is suspended until further notice.
- Guests checking in and out are directed to stand 6 feet apart guided by physical distancing floor markers.
- All returned guestroom keys are sanitized with disinfectant.
Guest Room Cleanliness & Housekeeping
- To minimize contact with our guests, guest room turn-down service is suspended. Housekeeping is available to deliver fresh towels and linens if guests should need them during their stay.
- Housekeeping services are performed prior to each guest check-in and following check-out to minimize exposure and contact.
- All brochures and paper materials have been removed from the guest rooms to minimize high-touch items.
- Each guest room is cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines prior to each guest arrival.
- Skamania utilizes industry-leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols with particular attention paid to high-touch items and areas including: Desks, nightstands, countertops, tables and chairs, phones, tablets, alarm clocks, remotes and control panels, thermostats, cabinetry pulls and hardware, doors, doorknobs, furniture and handles, bathroom varieties and accessories, bathroom fixtures and hardware, toilet seats, faucet and handles, windows, mirrors and frames, lights, light switches and all lighting controls, closets, handles and other amenities, luggage racks and flooring.
- All bed linens and laundry are washed at a high temperature in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- All dirty linens are bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while transporting to the laundry facility.
- Cascade Dining Room and River Rock Lounge are open for indoor dining at 50% capacity, Sunday through Saturday.
- To-Go dining and room service is available Sunday through Saturday.
- All employees and servers are required to wear facemasks covering their nose and mouth while at work.
- Digital menus are availble to view on a smartphone using a QR code to provide a touchless menu alternative.
Click Here to Learn More
- Skamania Lodge Adventures including Zipline Tours, Aerial Course, and Axe Throwing is open with enhanced safety and sanitary procedures. Please visit ZipnSkamania.com for tour bookings and additonal Covid-19 updates.
- All three of Skamania's on-site hiking trails are open including the Lake Loop Trail, Creek Loop Trail, and Gorge Loop Fitness Trail. Guests must enter each trail at the designated trailhead entrance marker. Please continue along the trail moving forward in one direction, while allowing 6 feet between you and anyone outside your party. Directions to the trailhead markers can be found in our Hiking Guide available at the front desk, or by asking any of our Skamania associates.
- Board games and outdoor equipment such as soccer balls, frisbees, etc. are available for check out at the front desk. All equipment and games are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
Waterleaf Spa, Pool & Fitness Center
- Skamania's swimming pool, hot tubs, and fitness center are open to hotel guests with limited capacities and designated swim and fitness center sessions to allow for safe physical distancing and deep cleaning between guest use. Click here to learn more.
- Skamania's locker rooms and saunas are temporarily closed.
- We are very close to reopening Waterleaf Spa for treatements. Please continue to check back for more updates.
Recharge Your Spirit
Why the Columbia River Gorge is the Best Place to Getaway
Secluded in Nature
Getaway from the chaos. Escape to nature and surrounded yourself with beautiful evergreen forests and wide-open spaces. Nestle into a secluded tree house. Re-energize on a peaceful hike. Lift the heaviness of the world off your shoulders and restore balance to your well-being at Skamania.
Plenty of Physical Distancing Activities
Take flight through the forest on a guided Zipline Tour. Test your aim axe throwing. Challenge your body to an outdoor workout on the Gorge Loop Fitness Trail. Our backyard is a playground for adventurists, with plenty of space for everyone to enjoy their favorite activities using safe physical distancing.
Discover Your #SkamaniaStaycation
You don’t have to travel far to getaway. A scenic 45-minute drive outside Portland will take you to the perfect Northwest staycation, that's close to home with fresh air open spaces to explore. What is the first thing you want to do in the Gorge? Share your excitement with us by using #SkamaniaStaycation on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.