Covid-19 Update: Resort Open
YOUR HEALTH AND SAFTEY IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY
On March 22nd, 2020, Skamania Lodge made the proactive decision to temporarily close the resort. This decision was made to protect the health and well-being of our guests and associates, and in an effort to reduce the spread of Covid-19. On May 27th, Skamania Lodge reopened it's doors with enhanced safety and sanitary procedures. Skamania’s management team has been closely monitoring Covid-19 precautions in Skamania County and Washington State, and will continue to stay informed with the latest information. As of June 11th, Governor Inslee has progressed Skamania County into Phase Three of the state's Safe Start reopening plan.
Skamania has always been, and will continue to be an escape for our guests. A place to disconnect from the crowded city and reconnect to nature. With 175-acres in the Columbia River Gorge, Skamania Lodge is the perfect getaway for families and friends to safely replenish their craving for human connection, while re-energizing their spirits in a spacious environment well-suited for physical distancing.
Discover great rates when you book! Call 844-432-4748 or Reserve Online.
Our Steps Towards a Safe Reopening
Working Hard Behind Closed Doors
We understand that when guests return to Skamania Lodge, they will expect a higher standard of hygiene and a heightened cleaning regimen. Over the past weeks, our team has been hard at work deep cleaning and sanitizing the entire resort, including every guest room, public space, and meeting room to provide you a clean and safe hotel environment to enjoy with confidence.
Updating Our Safety & Sanitation Protocols
In accordance with the CDC, WHO and Washington State health and safety regulations, Skamania Lodge has increased our employee safety and sanitation procedures to give you peace of mind during every moment of your stay. Listed below are the elevated safety procedures we have implemented, effective immediately.
Employee Safety & Sanitation
- Employees who report to work will be required to have (and pass) a temperature screen upon arrival.
- Employees who report to work will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times while at work.
- Employees must wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be provided for employees to sanitize as well.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at key employee contact areas such as Employee Dining Room and Locker Room.
- Employees must cover their coughs and sneezes and wash their hands immediately after.
- All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols; department specific procedures and training will also be provided.
- Employees are required to stay home if feeling sick or if they have been directly exposed to an individual with a confirmed Covid-19 case.
- Employees must sanitize shared tools and equipment before, during, and after each shift or any time the equipment is transferred to a new team member. This includes phones, radios, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks and all other direct contact items used throughout the hotel.
Lodge Sanitation Procedures
- Hand sanitation stations will be provided in all high-touch public areas such as the front lobby and Gorge Room.
- Skamania has enhanced cleaning and disinfectant procedures in all public spaces and high-touch areas with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to; front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas. Our team utilizes the peroxide based H2Orange solution for intense disinfecting.
- Skamania has implemented a dedicated high-touch team to service all high-touch guest-facing areas, ensuring disinfection frequency as follows: Building entrances: Every 30 minutes. Restrooms: Every 60 minutes. Elevator Cabs: Every 30 minutes. During periods of high volume, the frequency of cleaning will be enhanced even further.
- All furniture in the Gorge Room, Cascade Dining Room, River Rock Lounge and all public spaces will be positioned 6 feet apart for physical distancing.
Arrival & Departure Experience
- Valet service is suspended until further notice.
- Baggage handling and assitance will be available upon request.
- Guests checking in and out will be directed to stand 6 feet apart guided by physical distancing floor markers.
- Guests will receive a "welcome bag" including a welcome letter outlining how to best ensure a safe and postivie experience while at the lodge, one disposable facemask (additional masks available for larger parties) and other amenities to enhance your stay.
- All returned guestroom keys will be sanitized with disinfectant.
Guest Room Cleanliness & Housekeeping
- To minimize contact with our guests, guest room turn-down service will be suspended. Housekeeping is available to deliver fresh towels and linens if guests should need them during their stay.
- Housekeeping services will be performed prior to each guest check-in and following check-out to minimize exposure and contact.
- All brochures and paper materials will be removed from the guest rooms to minimize high-touch items.
- Each guest room will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines prior to each guest arrival.
- Skamania utilizes industry-leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols with particular attention paid to high-touch items and areas including: Desks, nightstands, countertops, tables and chairs, phones, tablets, alarm clocks, remotes and control panels, thermostats, cabinetry pulls and hardware, doors, doorknobs, furniture and handles, bathroom varieties and accessories, bathroom fixtures and hardware, toilet seats, faucet and handles, windows, mirrors and frames, lights, light switches and all lighting controls, closets, handles and other amenities, luggage racks and flooring.
- All bed linens and laundry will be washed at a high temperature in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- All dirty linens will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while transporting to the laundry facility.
- All parties of 10 or more people will be seated at separate tables.
- River Rock Lounge is open Monday through Sunday from 8am to close. No reservations needed.
- The Cascade Dining Room is open for sit down, table service every Friday & Saturday evening, from 5pm to 9pm. To make reservations, please visit OpenTable.
- Seating has been arranged to meet the requirements of 6 feet of safe physcial distancing.
- All employees and servers must wear facemasks covering their nose and mouth while at work.
- Digital menus will be availble to view on a smartphone using a QR code to provide a touchless menu alternative.
- Skamania Lodge Adventures including Zipline Tours, Aerial Course, and Axe Throwing will resume with enhanced safety and sanitary procedures beginning May 23rd. Please visit ZipnSkamania.com for tour bookings and additonal Covid-19 updates.
- All three of Skamania's on-site hiking trails will be open including the Lake Loop Trail, Creek Loop Trail, and Gorge Loop Fitness Trail. Guests must enter each trail at the designated trailhead entrance marker. Please continue along the trail moving forward in one direction, while allowing 6 feet between you and anyone outside your party. Directions to the trailhead markers can be found in our Hiking Guide available at the front desk, or by asking any of our Skamania associates.
- Skamania hotel guests may enjoy free bike rentals during their stay. Each bike will be sanitized between uses. Please visit the front desk for day use check-out.
- Outdoor equipment and games such as soccer balls, frisbees, corn hole, etc. will be available for check out at the front desk. All equipment and games will be thoroughly sanitized after each use.
Waterleaf Spa, Pool & Fitness Center
- Skamania's indoor swimming pool, hot tubs, locker room, and suanas are open daily from 8am to 10pm. Per WA state guidelines, we will operate these facilities with limited capacity and physical distancing measures in place.
- The Fitness Center is open daily from 8am to 10pm, with limited capacity and physical distancing measures in place.
- The Waterleaf Spa & Fitness Center will be temporarily closed until further notice. Please check back for updates as we continue to reopen.
Recharge Your Spirit
Why the Columbia River Gorge is the Best Place to Getaway
SECLUDED IN NATURE
Getaway from the chaos. Escape to nature and surrounded yourself with beautiful evergreen forests and wide-open spaces. Nestle into a secluded tree house. Re-energize on a peaceful hike. Lift the heaviness of the world off your shoulders and restore balance to your well-being at Skamania.
PLENTY OF PHYSICAL DISTANCING ACTIVITIES
Take flight through the forest on a guided Zipline Tour. Test your aim axe throwing. Challenge your body to an outdoor workout on the Gorge Loop Fitness Trail. Our backyard is a playground for adventurists, with plenty of space for everyone to enjoy their favorite activities using safe physical distancing.
YOUR PNW #SKAMANIASTAYCATION
You don’t have to travel far to getaway. A scenic 45-minute drive outside Portland will take you to the perfect Northwest staycation, that's close to home with fresh air open spaces to explore. What is the first thing you want to do in the Gorge? Share your excitement with us by using #SkamaniaStaycation on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.