Explore the Gorge
The Columbia River Gorge Offers An Endless Array of Things to Do
Skamania Lodge is nestled on 175 wooded acres within the spectacular Columbia River Gorge, a canyon that stretches for over 90 miles as the river winds westward through the Cascade Mountain Range, forming the boundary between Washington and Oregon. The Columbia River Gorge holds federally protected status as the Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area and is managed by the United States Forest Service.
Centrally located in the city of Stevenson, Washington, Skamania Lodge is convenient to the neighboring towns of White Salmon, Washington, and Cascade Locks, Hood River and The Dalles on the Oregon side. The largest cities in the region, Portland, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington, are each just a beautiful 45-minute drive westward along the Columbia River.
With an endless array of things to do, the Columbia River Gorge is the perfect destination for adventurers of all levels.
Skamania Lodge Adventures
Adventure awaits! Join Skamania Lodge Adventures for an unforgettable experience. From flying through the trees to testing your agility and abilities, let our incredible guides lead you through our top rated zipline course or our self-guided Aerial park. To round out the fun, try your hand at Axe throwing.
Skamania Lodge Tour Guides
Skamania has partnered with Martin's Gorge Tours, EverGreen Escapes and Outdoor Viewfinder to provide you guided tours to explore the scenic Columbia River Gorge.
Kayak & PaddleBoarding Tours
The Gorge Paddling Center is the premiere paddle sports center in the Columbia River Gorge and has been providing instruction, guided trips, and rentals in since 1998. Learn more about guided kyak and paddle board tours on the Columbia River.
Scenic Gorge Wine Tours
Relax and experience Oregon & Washington wine country on a guided tour.
- Afternoon wine tasting excursions to some of the premier wineries of the Columbia River Gorge are available daily by advance reservation.
- Allow 4 to 6 hours including travel times.
- Tours will typically feature three of the select wineries. Specific stops may be available by request.
- Tasting fees are included in the tour cost (a $15 value).
- Group size is limited to 20 participants. 10 or more will receive a 10% discount at the time of booking. Call Martin 877-290-TOUR (8687) for details'
- Reservations in advance are required...call for availability or book your tour online.
Embrace the Columbia River Gorge through local art, history, and culture by visiting one of many incredible museums in the region.